Meeting Minutes 3/5/18
Vice President-Mike Medaska
Fields and Equipment- Bill Horvath
Financial Consultant- Joe Russo
Steel Soccer ticket fundraiser
Tocci’s pancake breakfast
Bring on a fundraising person
Kaboly Photography proposal
New teams possible for 2018:
- u9 girls
- u9 boys
- u11 girls
- Communicating with the City of Bethlehem
- Hanover and Asa Packer proposals
- Moravian fields proposal
- Hanover field rental
- Practice schedule created when fields are finalized
Back to divisions
- May 12th and 13th
- One call back
- Bill is creating registrations for following teams:
U9 boys and girls-Find coaches
U10 boys- possibly Ryan Dunn
U11 girls- Aaron Pearl
U11 boys- Gabe Maldonado
U12 girls- Kristin Spang
U13 boys- Bill Horvath
U14 boys- Ken
U15 boys- Erik
Merchandise follow up:
Website will be launched soon
Flyers to schools-Mike Medaska
5x7=259.00 for 5,0000
Kristin and Mike
What do we want them to look like?
Goals and equipment need moved:
Township will help-40/hour, 2 hour minimum
47,000.00 in account
Subsidise teams next year- help with indoor seasons and tournaments
Possible rent city fields
EPYSA meeting discussion:
Kristin, Bill, and Mike were unable to make the meeting
Coaching requirements and pay-voted yes on these conditions:
Head coaches non parent- Minimum of 3000
Parent head coaches- minimum of 500 and reimbursement
Parent assistant coaches-1 per team-Reimbursement for registration costs only
Board members- 500 pay at the end of the Spring 2018 season
Parent with minimal to no coaching experience and/or missing other requirements listed on full pay coaches rubric; grassroots license required:
Reimbursement equal to fee for one child. If a reimbursement is already being given due to another position being held this position will be paid $400.00 or equivalent to club fee.
Parent with coaching experience and/or high level of playing experience, as well as, meet requirements listed on coaching rubric; minimum grassroots license:
Reimbursement equal to fee for one child+500. If a reimbursement is already being given due to another position being held, this position will be paid club fee amount + $500.00.
Non parent coach with coaching experience and/or high level of playing experience, as well as, meet requirements listed on coaching rubric:
Assistant coaches-Limit one per team
Reimbursement equal to fee for one child. If a reimbursement is already being given due to another position being held, this position will be paid $400 or equivalent to club fee.
Coaches are expected to:
- Coach all three seasons including indoor league play or training and a tournament.
- Play in one tournament per year (preferably Columbus day)
- Field the most competitive team by choosing the players with the best skills, attitude, and coach ability.
- Follow board advisement on player selection when given.
- Be at Field set-up and Breakdown or find a parent to replace you
- Find a parent to volunteer on one of our committees or volunteer themselves
- Be licensed at grassroot level (equal to E and F old license) and/or NSCAA age group appropriate license.
- Complete criminal history check
- Complete child abuse clearance
- FBI fingerprint check if coach has not lived in the state for 10
- We will reimburse her for the costs and she has to forward the proof once she starts and receives the clearance.
- Heads up concussion training
- EPYSA Risk Management
- Provide lesson plans and rationale for practice sessions and games in deemed necessary by Board of Directors
*E and F are now grassroots and cover 4v4 to 11v11 field play. The next license is the D license.
*NSCAA 7v7/9v9 license which is the old NSCAA level 5
*NSCAA 11v11 is equivalent to the old NSCAA level 6
Coaching Rubric for full pay:
Must have a minimum of a Grassroots license or 9v9 NSCAA license (equivalent to old level 5) or 11v11 NSCAA license (equivalent to old level 6) dependant on team.
At least one of the following:
3+ years of coaching experience, preferably high school level or above coaching experience
College level soccer player
Minimum of 3 years of travel club coaching experience
*Reimbursements will always be given before any payment.
Everyone pays for their children’s club fees upfront. If every board member, assistant coach (limit one per team), and positions within the club offering reimbursement compensation complete all their duties as seen fit by the Board of Directors, they will get reimbursed for the amount of one child after the three seasons are played. If they do not fulfill the duties required for all 3 seasons then a % of the reimbursement will be paid.
Coaches and other paid positions in the club that offer less than reimbursement amount (ie. Meeting representative) will be paid out at the end of the three seasons once all duties and requirements are fulfilled as seen fit by the Board of Directors.
*Non-Parent coaches and trainers will be paid 1/3 of of the salary after each season is complete barring that all duties and requirements have been fulfilled as seen fit by the Board of Directors.
Persons holding more than one position in the club will first be reimbursed for one child and then paid for the remaining amount earned for said positions.
All reimbursement and payment will be approved by the Board of Directors after confirming that all outlined duties and requirements have been met.