BETHLEHEM SOCCER CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose and intent of the Bethlehem Soccer Club’s (BSC) philosophy is to promote the advancement of youth soccer in our area, to encourage the development of player skills and abilities, promote programs that teach individual and team skills, and support the growth of trained coaches and referees.
The goal and value of player participation is to have fun while playing soccer, to develop self-esteem and confidence through skill development while promoting a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.
The key elements of the Bethlehem Soccer Club soccer experience are developing individual and team skills in all players in a fun, family environment that builds character, competence and confidence.
The Bethlehem Soccer Club adopts P.R.I.D.E. as the values that define its philosophy:
To uphold the P.R.I.D.E. and promote a high level of community spirit, Bethlehem SC adopts the following Code of Conduct for all players, parents/guardians, and coaches.
All players on a Bethlehem SC roster spot will follow the below rules:
• I will treat my coaches, my teammates, other players, referees, and spectators with respect always.
• I will be a positive role model and encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, and parents always.
• I will not bully or haze any teammate or other person involved with the club. I will report any bullying or hazing to the coaches or staff members.
• I will remember that all players have talents and weaknesses, the same as I do. I will never ridicule or yell at any player for making a mistake during a soccer game or during practice.
• I will listen to my coaches and do what is asked of me to improve my game and my position on the team. If I need to leave a practice or game early, I will inform my coaches in a timely manner.
• While sitting on the bench during a game, I will watch the game and support my teammates who are in the game. I will provide only positive comments to the players on the field.
• I understand that I am responsible for my uniform and my equipment.
• I understand that I must be on time and play my best at all practices and games.
• I will never use social media to damage my reputation or our soccer community. I understand that posting hurtful information can destroy a friendship, family relationships and even a soccer team in a matter of minutes. I will treat these words for what they are: permanent records that can never be erased.
• I understand that drug use and other inappropriate behavior, including posting inappropriate information on any social media are grounds for dismissal from the team.
Parents are an important part of a players' soccer development and of a team's success. Parents are an integral part of the Bethlehem Soccer Club community. As such, parents' behavior on the sideline and support of their child is of the utmost importance. Toward that end, this contract outlines what is expected of parents to create a positive environment for all players. By allowing your player to accept a spot on a Bethlehem SC roster, you are accepting the parent contract.
Parents MUST display appropriate behavior on the sidelines at all times:
• Encourage players with cheers and positive comments ONLY.
• Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
• NEVER speak to the referee, opposing coach or opposing players.
• Only speak to opposing parents in a complimentary fashion, or if you know them personally. No matter their behavior, how the
other team or coach acts, you be the better and more mature person.
• Do not speak about players on the team while on the sideline. Do not speak negatively about an opposing player while on the sideline. Do not speak about players in any negative way. Remember, they are kids
• Do NOT coach or give instructions to players on the field. This applies to your own child as well as other players on the team.
• Have players at practice and games on time.
• Notify the coach in advance if a player cannot attend a scheduled practice or game.
• Be on time to pick up players and stay tuned in the case of inclement weather.
• Support the coaches, especially regarding lineup choices and discipline.
• Focus on effort and development — not on winning.
• Provide a positive environment for learning and developing. Avoid talking to your child about the game during the drive home.
• Communicate with coaches if there are questions or concern, but NOT during, before or after the games. Email them to set a time to talk.
• You are responsible to ensure that all family members and guests you bring to games are aware of the codes of conduct.
• Failure to comply with the above requirements may lead to you being
suspended from games and practices.
All Bethlehem SC Coaches shall:
• Provide a positive role model for their players and parents, by consistently acting in a positive, controlled, and mature manner expected of a Bethlehem Soccer Club coach.
• Demonstrate good sportsmanship and maintain a proper perspective on the purpose of BSC soccer, namely, participation is for the enjoyment and benefit of the players (not the adults).
• Learn the rules of soccer and earn at least a basic certification.
• Follow all US Youth Soccer Playing Rules and Recommendations.
• Above all else, maintain the safety and well-being of their players.
• Explain to (and remind) parents what is expected of them and their children.
• Provide a positive, enjoyable atmosphere for the players and parents.
• Refrain from open arguments with referees and other coaches.
• Encourage parents to support the team with their presence as much as possible.
• Provide necessary guidance and equipment at games and practices.
• Discipline players in a FAIR and CONSISTENT manner.
• Refrain from making negative comments about other coaches, players, parents, and referees.
• Be prepared to deal with injuries in a timely manner by reviewing first aid principles.
• Maintain a consistent practice schedule that is both fun and challenging for the players.